Join APS and URVR for our inaugural two-day car show & track day event! This is an invitation to show your high-performance machines at our open house gathering and then test the same cars the very next day on a 2.4 mile racing circuit. Feel the thrill of being able to legally test your and your car’s abilities in a safe and friendly environment at a state-of-the-art racing facility with close, personalized guidance provided by the team at Unser-Ribbs Vintage Racing (URVR) and its partners. This event is open to participants of all experience levels with a valid driver’s license in any class of street and/or track prepared car that meet the necessary safety requirements. The charismatic IndyCar and Trans-Am legend Willy T. Ribbs will be on hand as our featured guest for both events and will be available for individual on-track coaching sessions.
IN ASSOCIATION WITH
APS OPEN HOUSE
Sun Oct 7 | 12-5pm
1613 Reed Rd A5
Pennington, NJ 08534
Entrants and guests are invited to our open house and car show for a meet & greet at our 10,000 sq. ft. Automotive Performance Solutions headquarters. Meet the team, explore the facility, display your cars, and socialize before heading out to the track the following day. This also provides an opportunity to discuss the following days on-track activity and for us to answer any and all questions or concerns that may come up before things get busy at the track. Novice drivers will greatly benefit from the extra time the meet & greet provides to be as prepared as possible for your on-track event. In addition to the car show, a driving simulator will be on site for those who would like some practice in a virtual environment before turning their cars loose at New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP).
The charismatic Indycar and Trans-Am legend Willy T. Ribbs will be on site at the open house meet & greet for pictures and autographs.
You do not need to participate in the track day to attend the open house! Everyone is invited and encouraged to bring friends & family. Food and beverages will be on hand.
Mon Oct 8 | 7am – 6pm
NJMP Thunderbolt Raceway
8000 Dividing Creek Rd., Millville, NJ 08332
Drivers who sign up for Track Day will enjoy an unprecedented total of 6+ hours of track time to test their machines and develop their performance driving skills.
Drivers will be categorized into two groups: Novice and Experienced. If it’s your first track day we will require you to participate in at least one of the two, half-hour classroom sessions offered before getting onto the track. After class, there will be two Novice-only track sessions with fewer cars on the track at any given time, creating the ideal track experience for learning, without pressure and distraction. Experienced drivers will participate in two, half-hour track sessions for Advanced-only drivers to insure an opportunity to find your best lap time. In addition to Novice- and Experienced- driver sessions, there will be 6 hours of track time to be enjoyed.
For those who would like a more individualized approach to progressing along their learning curve, driving instructors will be available on site for drivers of all levels. Participants can book exclusive personalized coaching time with Willy T Ribbs through our registration page. or at APS during the Open House on Sunday.
This is a performance driving event, not a race day. Drivers are expected to behave accordingly on track and take care of each other and their cars, which will ensure a safe, fun, unforgettable experience for everyone. The event will run rain or shine, so prepare accordingly.
For more information, please contact
Steve – 609.954.5688 firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew – 609.422.0374 email@example.com
Gates Open: 7am
Driver sign in and tech: 7:30am – 9:am
Drivers meeting #1: 8:30 am
Drivers meeting #2: 12:00 noon
Hot Track: 9am-6pm
Along with over 6 hours of track time you will receive a $150 credit for a complete performance evaluation of your car provided by master mechanic and engineer Steve Erickson at Automotive Performance Solutions if you registered by 9/30.
Full track day – $450 per car with 1 driver.
Second driver in an entered car is an additional $100.
We want to provide you a chance to reduce entry costs by splitting it with another driver if you wish to do so.
We urge those who wish to use your $150 credit before the event to register and make an appointment for your evaluation as soon as possible to reserve a slot in our schedule at the shop. This special evaluation credit will expire on 1/1/19. We urge you to register and supply payment at your earliest convenience to ensure your spot. This could be a huge asset if you would like to have your car gone over before the event to ensure you get the most of out of your car when it really matters, on track day.
The southern road circuit at New Jersey Motorsports Park is our signature Thunderbolt Raceway featuring 2.25 miles of asphalt, 12 challenging turns, a one half mile straightway and approximately 40 acres of full service paddock space. Amenities on this circuit include concession buildings, event garages, twenty (20) VIP Suites, banquet rooms, and a three (3) story timing tower with media center. Click here for a detailed Thunderbolt track map.
Owning a high-performance vehicle can be an exhilarating experience especially when driven in the relative safety of a closed track. The purpose of our event is to promote safe, controlled driving and to provide a place to enjoy the true potential of your street car.
Safety is the NUMBER ONE concern at this event. Anyone driving in an unsafe manner will be expelled from the event immediately. You must drive within your abilities and exercise good judgment.
- YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RACE EACH OTHER. This event has no trophies or awards for the quickest lap times.
- Passing is allowed only in the designated zones discussed in the drivers meeting.
- Passing of a slower car cannot occur until the driver of the slower car gives the “passing signal”. The passing signal shall be given by extending the left arm out the driver’s window and pointing toward the passing side.
- The slower car should always stay “on-line” and lift if necessary so that the pass can be completed safely.
- DRAG RACING DOWN THE STRAIGHT TO SEE WHO CAN REACH THE NEXT CORNER FIRST WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION.
- Watch your mirrors. If a car appears in your mirror the driver IS faster than you. Signal the driver to pass as you enter the next passing zone.
- You should enter the hot pit area when you are ready to drive. Your helmet should be secure and your seat belts fastened. Both the driver and passenger windows must be down. Display your wristband to the starter and wait for the starter to signal you onto the track. Once the signal is given, accelerate briskly onto the track. Check your mirrors before moving on line.
- Run the first lap of each session at a reduced speed to warm up your tires and your vehicle and most importantly, your brain. Pay attention to the location of the corner workers.
- Know the definitions of the flags as described in the drivers meeting.
- When exiting the track the driver should extend his left arm out the window straight up when entering the corner before the pit entrance. Speed limit in the pit area is 20mph.
- When you are notified that the session is over, complete the remainder of the lap at a slower pace to allow your brakes to cool before entering the pit area.
Passengers will only be permitted to ride with instructors and qualified experienced drivers as determined by the event organizers. Any spin or loss of control when a passenger is in the car will result in termination of passenger privileges and possible expulsion from the event.
Mon- Fri: 8am – 6pm
Sat: 9am – 5pm
1613 Reed Rd A5
Pennington, NJ 08534